I have been using this recipe for the last 3 years and LOVE it!!! My neighbors are amazing and grow beautiful gardens. Lucky for me, they like their neighbors too and always share there crops with us :)
My sweet neighbor Michelle brought over a ton of Roma tomatoes the other day and I promised my Facebook fans that I would
give out my favorite recipe this week. (if your not a Facebook fan, you should be! You'd already be in the know about my promises- wink, wink. And while your at it, go ahead and follow me on my blog too! )
The ingredients are simple:
- 10-15 Tomatoes ( I use romas but it's up to you what you choose)
- red, green, orange or yellow peppers (I forgot to include the green in my picture)
- olive oil
I use a large rectangle cake pan to cook it in but you could use any dish with sides.
I didn't include any amounts for the ingredients except for the tomatoes because it's really a personal preference on how garden-like you would want it. You can always personalize it to include other veggies or meat too if you would like. I always add the meat later because I freeze it until I'm hungry for spaghetti.
- Wash all of your veggies and get set up!
- Start by cutting up all of your veggie add-ins and set aside.
- Cut your tomatoes in half and place cut side up into your cooking pan
- Place your cut veggies on top of the tomatoes
- Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Place in oven preheated to 200° for about 2 hours or until the veggies are turning a golden brown color (you don't want them burnt!)
- Remove all of your ingredients including all of the juices and place into food processor or blender.
- Blend away my friend!
(side note: you may end up needing to add in some more seasoning depending on your tastes)
Enjoy the fruits of you labor, or if you like me, freeze it for later :)
I hope that you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and if you choose to make it, let me know what you think!
Where I am linked to: