Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (the easy way!)

If your anything like me, you probably love homemade spaghetti sauces but not the time it takes to make them.  I have a great recipe that will give you the best of both worlds.

I have been using this recipe for the last 3 years and LOVE it!!!  My neighbors are amazing and grow beautiful gardens.  Lucky for me, they like their neighbors too and always share there crops with us :)

My sweet neighbor Michelle brought over a ton of Roma tomatoes the other day and I promised my Facebook fans that I would
give out my favorite recipe this week.  (if your not a Facebook fan, you should be! You'd already be in the know about my promises- wink, wink.  And while your at it, go ahead and follow me on my blog too! )

The ingredients are simple:


  • 10-15 Tomatoes ( I use romas but it's up to you what you choose)
  • red, green, orange or yellow peppers (I forgot to include the green in my picture)
  • onion
  • garlic
  • olive oil
  • seasoning
  • salt/pepper
I use a large rectangle cake pan to cook it in but you could use any dish with sides.


I didn't include any amounts for the ingredients except for the tomatoes because it's really a personal preference on how garden-like you would want it.  You can always personalize it to include other veggies or meat too if you would like.  I always add the meat later because I freeze it until I'm hungry for spaghetti.


  1. Wash all of your veggies and get set up!
  2. Start by cutting up all of your veggie add-ins and set aside. 
  3. Cut your tomatoes in half and place cut side up into your cooking pan
  4. Place your cut veggies on top of the tomatoes
  5. Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice
  6. Drizzle with olive oil
  7. Place in oven preheated to 200° for about 2 hours or until the veggies are turning a golden brown color (you don't want them burnt!)
  8. Remove all of your ingredients including all of the juices and place into food processor or blender.
  9. Blend away my friend! 

(side note: you may end up needing to add in some more seasoning depending on your tastes)

Enjoy the fruits of you labor, or if you like me, freeze it for later :)

I hope that you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and if you choose to make it, let me know what you think!









Where I am linked to:
      MARVELOUS MONDAYS at Call Me PMc

No comments:

Post a Comment