Saturday, April 19, 2014

Weekend catch up and Remodelaholic Feature!

                               I was featured on Remodelaholic!

I hope you are all having an awesome Easter weekend!  Mine started out a little disheveled considering that I sent my daughter out to the bus stop yesterday morning only to realize after 20 minutes of her sitting there that there was in fact NO SCHOOL!!  I felt like a terrible person but luckily, she
laughed and gave me that look (that I am seeing way too often!) like, "mom, seriously? Get it together woman!"

Now that I have my crap together, it's time to start making a TON of changes around here.  We have about a week before we list this house and it's starting to become very apparent that all my procrastination around here is catching up with me.  I'm exhausted.  Mr. Serene is exhausted.  Our kids? Pretty much raising themselves.

Here's a look at all the "unfinished" but soon to be "finished projects we have on the docket!


  • Paint our girls bedroom
  • finish the stairs going to our lower level
  • Change out our dining light
  • Order new countertops
  • Paint guest room
  • Add bullnose piece to the top of our stairs to finish off the new flooring
  • Finish adding shoe molding to our upstairs
  • Change out two doors in our lower level to 6 panel ones
  • Trim out the lower level
  • Paint trim for lower level



While this doesn't seem like a lot of stuff to do, our luck lately hasn't been the best and all projects we tackle turn into 3 hour long ordeals.  Lots of bumps in the road so to speak.  We do have my father-in-law down this weekend though and he can power through stuff right along with us!  He's a perfectionist and so handy!!!

I'm headed off to tackle at least some of this list as we speak but since I know you are just dying to keep reading my lovely written words (in a super cool voice by the way, because that's how I want to sound in your head, lol!)  you can hop on over to Remodelaholic today and read all about the first time we ever tried remodeling a staircase!



Happy Easter!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Audrey! So sorry for the late response! At the top of the stairs, we cut the carpet with enough overhang on it to staple it however, in true DIY fashion, we never got to the stapling... We knew we were planning on replacing the flooring to hardwood anyway so the issue wasn't to pressing ;) Eventually, we did change the flooring an added a bullnosed transition strip between the two. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete